There are specialist facilities for residents who have dementia and therefore require special attention, especially with respect to security and safety. The management are now currently exploring nursing support for residents who may need more medical intervention and specialist care. Whenever a new resident applies to Mellows Care Home, a full and professional review is made and frequently addressed.
Day Care Facilities
There are facilities for a ‘Day Care’ service, seven days a week. Normally between 10 a.m. – 4.30 p.m. although flexibility is offered and where required. As most days have a planned activity, day care residents are encouraged to participate in these events, otherwise, they can simply relax in communal areas or garden if the weather is sunny. Day care residents are also offered lunch and supper (if appropriate).
To help maintain optimum health and wellbeing:
- Access to local GP service.
- Chiropody services (chargeable).
- The home offers a free eyesight test to each resident on an annual basis. If glasses are needed, staff arrange at the local optician (chargeable).
- A mobile hairdresser is in regular attendance.
- Dentist (chargeable where appropriate).
- Inhouse laundry service.
- There are two lifts within the home.