In order for residents to feel a sense of wellbeing, the management ensure all the bedrooms are airy, homely and very comfortable. Communal areas have strong, contrasting colour schemes keeping the aesthetics, fresh and vibrant.
- Most have ensuite wet rooms and dependent upon preferred budget and necessity.
- There are pleasant views whether over the gardens or outside areas.
- Each room is individual and with its own colour scheme. The communal areas and gardens (accessible via wheelchair and with handrails for extra safety) are spacious, comfortable and welcoming with plenty of seating areas to encourage social engagement and activity. During the summer or any other good weather, residents are encouraged to be outside and to enjoy fresh air in a holiday type atmosphere.
- Each room has a TV point.
- WIFI is available throughout the home.
- Safety provisions such as thermostatic radiators and smoke detectors are strategically placed in every room.
- 24-hour call system.
- Telephone point in each room.
The Care Manager provides a weekly itinerary of activities so residents have a comprehensive choice dependent upon their interests or preferred pursuits. Residents also make recommendations as to the activities they would enjoy or would like introduced.
A full range of fun events and activities include:
- Birthday parties.
- Musical events.
- Film and TV screenings.
- Visits from local schools.
- The home has its own library.
- Visits to the park, local nature reserves and/or Epping Forest.
- Entertainment from amateur dramatic groups.
- Reminiscence sessions.
- Theatre outings.
- The home has provisions for religious services.
- Two newspapers are available a day but if required, any specific newspaper/magazine requests can be organised.